Planning your next fishing trip has just become a whole lot easier thanks to a new website which has been launched by the Angling Trust.
Fishinginfo.co.uk combines data and resources from The Met Office, The Environment Agency, The Post Office and the Angling Trust to give anglers a mobile-ready, online tool which allows anglers to find a venue as well as view fishery contact information, water levels, weather data and even buy a rod licence to fish it. The site, which is viewable on PCs smartphones and tablets, also allows you to locate tackle shops, coaches, clubs and charter boats all over the UK making it easier when travelling to new parts of the country. Users can save their favourite venues interactively on the site to view at any time and there is also a full map, including an Ordance Survey option to make finding new venues easy.
Paul Sharman, Head of communications at the Trust believes the new tool will help anglers make decisions more readily when it comes to deciding on a venue: “It is a great resource for anglers in that it pools together all the data which was only previously available on separate websites and makes it far simpler for anglers to prepare for a day’s fishing at their favourite venue or find a new water nearby.”
Currently the website, which was developed by IT specialists, Shoothill, is more suited to freshwater anglers but the Trust are planning a second version of the site which will include saltwater venues. The site may also be launched as an app available for most smartphones in the near future.
Visit the site at: www.fishinginfo.co.uk
• Find every EA river gauge to view the current water levels
• Thousands of stillwaters, rivers and canal fisheries in your area or elsewhere
• Provides either a road map or google satellite view of the venue you are viewing to help you pick a swim
• View information for your chosen venue including permit prices, fish stocks and telephone numbers
• Add your own venue on the map, if it does not appear on the site
• Buy a rod licence